No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. AARP The Magazine's Happy Together Travel Sweepstakes is sponsored by AARP. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C. (excluding Florida and Puerto Rico), must be 18 or older. Begins February 1, 2015 at 12:00 a.m. ET; ends June 15, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET. For official rules, visit happytogether.votigo.com/pages/happytogether/rules.
1. Sweepstakes Period: AARP The Magazine's Happy Together Travel Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on February 1, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on June 15, 2015 ("Sweepstakes Period").
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Florida and Puerto Rico), who are at least 18 years of age as of date of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of AARP ("Sponsor"), Votigo, Inc. (“Administrator”), or any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, mandataries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winner.
3. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by AARP, 601 E St NW, Washington, DC 20049. The Sweepstakes is administered by Votigo, Inc., 251 Lafayette Circle. Suite 330. Lafayette, CA 94549. The prize is provided by Disney Destinations, LLC ("Disney").
4. How to Enter: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. During the Sweepstakes Period, visit aarp.org/happytogethersweeps ("Website"). From the Website, complete all required fields of the on-screen registration form to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. All entry components submitted during part of the registration process shall herein be referred to as the "Entry".
No information regarding Entries, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules or on the Website listed above, will be disclosed. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on June 15, 2015. Limit one (1) Entry per person throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated or computer system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply. If entering via mobile device, normal phone and usage charges imposed by your phone service may apply. Standard data rates may apply if entering via mobile device.
5. Selection of Grand Prize Winner: On or about June 16, 2015, Administrator will select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. The odds of winning the Grand Prize are based on the number of eligible Entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period.
The potential winner will be notified by email. The Grand Prize winner will be sent (via email) an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (where legal) ("Affidavit") and will be required to compete, sign and return (or have their parent/legal guardian sign, if potential winner is a minor in his or her state of residence) Affidavit via mail within seven (7) days of being notified in order to claim his/her prize. Grand Prize winner’s travel companions (or winner as parent/legal guardian if any travel companion is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence and winner’s child/charge) will be required to execute a Release of Liability prior to prize travel. If potential winner fails to return the required document(s) within the required time period, or the prize notification is returned undeliverable, or in the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period.
Potential Grand Prize winner is subject to verification by Sponsor and/or Administrator, whose decisions are final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. An entrant is not a winner of the prize unless and until entrant's eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
6. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (the "ARV"): Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize consists of winner’s choice of one of the following three (3) different 5-day/4-night Walt Disney World ® Resort Prize Packages for the winner and up to five (5) travel companions:
(1) Happy Together for Foodies Package
The ARV of this Prize Package is $16,200.96.
(2) Happy Together for Fairytale Princesses Package
The ARV of this Prize Package is $15,000.96.
(3) Happy Together for Adventurers Package
The ARV of this Prize Package is $16,155.96.
Items that are NOT included as part of the winning Prize Package are: transportation between winner’s residence and the departure airport, meals, hotel room service, laundry service, alcoholic beverages, merchandise, souvenirs, local and long distance telephone calls, tips, gratuities, service charges, taxes and all other charges and items not otherwise described above.
Accommodations and air transportation are SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. Prize Package and Prize Package components may not be sold, traded, transferred, rescheduled to dates not within the fulfillment period set forth below, or refunded.
Actual retail value of Grand Prize may vary due to winner's residence and fares at time of travel.
Grand Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make an equivalent prize substitution at its sole discretion if any advertised Prize Package option becomes unavailable. Airline carrier's regulations and conditions apply to Grand Prize. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Grand Prize winner and travel companions must travel together on the same itinerary. Grand Prize winner and travel companions must possess valid travel documents (i.e., valid government issued photo ID) in order to travel. Seat selection and timing of Grand Prize trip subject to confirmation of reservations. Grand Prize trip must be taken between 7/30/2015 and 7/30/2016 or prize will be forfeited. Departure date and accommodations are subject to availability; certain restrictions and black-out dates may apply. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor-specified travel agency. All fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of the prize (such as security fees, gratuities, luggage fees, meals and ground transportation, and incidental charges) not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the individual prize winner. Major credit card may be required at check-in to cover any incidental charges for Grand Prize.
Certain restrictions apply and blackout dates may apply to Grand Prize. Any and all applicable federal, state, local, provincial and municipal taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the individual prize winner. Grand Prize winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the actual retail value of prize.
In the event the Grand Prize winner and/or travel companions engage in behavior during travel/stay that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, is illegal, is intended to threaten or harass any other person, or in any way disparages or adversely affects the reputation, image, and/or customer goodwill of Sponsor or any of Sponsor’s services, products, trademarks, service marks, or logos, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the travel/stay early, and send winner and/or travel companions home with no further obligations or compensation whatsoever to winner and/or travel companions (which may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, result in the winner's disqualification from the Sweepstakes and forfeiture of a prize). In the event the Grand Prize winner and/or travel companions engage in behavior during travel/stay that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is illegal, tortious, or subjects winner or travel companions to arrest or detention, Sponsor shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments or other costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by winner or guest as a result of such conduct. Sponsor shall have no liability for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting from or arising out of any travel related to the Grand Prize or any other aspect of the Grand Prize winner's or travel companions' acceptance or use of the Grand Prize.
7. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and in the event of cancellation, Grand Prize will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received. Sponsor and their agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen or misdirected entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user's computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of Entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor or Administrator. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, the Website, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect Entries and (a) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the Grand Prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect Entries received up to the time of the impairment.
8. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that Sponsor, Disney and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, web masters, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of a prize. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO TRAVEL CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF AARP.ORG/HAPPYTOGETHERSWEEPS OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITES.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE ABOVE WEBSITE AND THE PRIZE, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. Publicity: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, WINNER GRANTS TO SPONSOR AND THOSE ACTING PURSUANT TO ITS AUTHORITY, THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE WINNER'S NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, ENTRY AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR SHALL OWN THE ENTRIES, WHICH WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED OR RETURNED, AND THAT SPONSOR AND ITS DESIGNEES SHALL HAVE THE PERPETUAL, WORLDWIDE RIGHT TO EDIT, PUBLISH, AND USE THE ENTRIES IN ANY WAY AND IN ANY MEDIA FOR TRADE, ADVERTISING, PROMOTIONAL, AND/OR OTHER PURPOSES AS SPONSOR AND/OR ITS DESIGNEES MAY DETERMINE WITHOUT FURTHER CONSIDERATION TO ENTRANTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes (excluding any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the prize awarded in the Sweepstakes or the use or misuse thereof) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Columbia or the appropriate State Court located in the District of Columbia; (2) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the prize awarded in the Sweepstakes or the use or misuse thereof shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for Orange County, Florida or the appropriate State Court located in Orange County, Florida; (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (4) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the District of Columbia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the District of Columbia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the District of Columbia.
12. Winner List: For the name of the Grand Prize Winner available after July 16, 2015 for a period of at least 30 days, contact AARP at email@example.com.